Our relationship with our clients can be wide ranging, and can include strategic and market planning; product management; and voice of customer. Representative examples of engagements include:
- Achieved acceptance, funding, and commitment; developed requirements and specification; launched major new product, growing line from less than $10 million to $70 million.
- Develop strategic alliances and partnerships for new business and technologies
- Determined that an innovative marketing program would not change customer behavior, saving millions of dollars
- Stopped share slide; reemphasized quality; increased share of voice; changed distribution system, resulting in record profits and renewed growth
- Assessed market perception of relative product quality, leading to repositioning of product line and end markets
- Identified and evaluated acquisition targets
In addition to our paper on CTP Plate Making:
Understanding the Real Costs, we have been involved in a number of
PRIMIR studies, including:
- The Electronic Displacement of Print
- Commercial and Quick Print 2006-2011
- The Future of Books
- The Megaprinters' Impact
We also work with a number of financial clients, principally but not exclusively on the buy-side, in evaluating industry and company prospects.
Although not a focus of our practice, we have assisted with a number of printers on strategy, cost structure, and business development.
- For a $20 million printer, we identified promising industries and local companies and assisted in the development of a targeted sales and marketing campaign, resulting in winning a number of major accounts.
- Coached a small printer in requesting and evaluating proposals for and selection of a new computer-to-plate system and workflow.
- Mapped workflow and cost structure, identifying potential areas for improvement.
- Evaluated strategic options for specialty printer in their move into another print market.